Wednesday, August 24, 2016

08/24/2016: First Post

(first post of the blog wooo)

This blog is just going to be a little diary for me since writing physically in my journal is too time consuming for now... I'd like to make my journal really cute and decorative but I don't have the energy at the moment lol. I'll be posting daily journals and photo albums filled with stuff from my personal life as something for me to easily look back to in the future. It'll be nice!

This week is my last week off before fall semester starts again, so I've been working more hours at the office to make some extra money while I can. I've been wanting to work 9-3pm, and I have, but my coworkers have been breathing down my neck and bugging me about how long I work. Most of them usually work until closing, but I have the privilege since I'm related to the owner/doctor to choose how many hours a week I work. I want to work 9-3pm so I can have time afterwards in my day to hang out with my friends, boyfriend, family, or just relax by myself. Buuuut... My coworkers keep asking me why I'm only working until 3 and that I should work until 5 to make more money and yada yada and ugh. I don't know what to say to them, but I'm starting to care less about what they think about my hours. I'm just getting annoyed at them bugging me about my work schedule. Can they pleeeease just mind their own business? I'm working until 3 tomorrow so I can go pick up my paycheck and still be able to talk to my aunt/boss before she leaves, but I'm sure when my coworkers ask they'll keep pestering me. My fake ass excuse is that I'm going to a therapist appointment at 4, but I kind of don't want them to think I'm avoiding my job. Whatever...

I've been trying to get fit again for my trip to Costa Rica with Adam, my boyfriend, and his family so I can look nice in my new bikini. I watch how many calories I have in a day now and it's crazy realizing how much I overeat in a day... I'm using myfitnesspal to track my food and weight and I made my goal to lose 1/2 a pound a week and to reach a goal weight of 120 lbs. Last weigh in I was 125.1 and I haven't checked since! I'm going to recheck again on Sunday. To gain muscle and stamina, I've been trying to walk more steps and gradually start running. I also do yoga and calisthenics in the morning and the evening. Of course, I'll do work outs when I can! It's been a little tough this week since I started all of this this week and I've been feeling hungry because of it. I'm going to try to eat healthier foods that will keep me full longer.

I'm not seeing Adam until Friday and I haven't seen him since Monday, so we're trying to call each other every night to keep the communication up. It's also good practice for when he moves into UCLA. I didn't dwell on how much I missed him today, which is progress! I'm trying to be less needy in our relationship and become more independent. I'm trying to go from seeing him from 4-5 times a week to 3 times a week until eventually it's 1 time a week. The transition is slow but definitely happening!

Three things I'm grateful for from today:

  1. The sheet masks Mom bought me 
  2. The strawberry acai refresher my coworker bought me
  3. Wednesday night yoga lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment